10 Spooky Hits For Your Halloween Playlist

October is finally here, which means spooky season is officially upon us! It’s time to pick out costumes and binge on candy. Whether your Halloween plans include haunted houses, a scary movie marathon or a fun costume party, here are 10 songs you need on your playlist to help get you in the spooky mood:

“Monster Mash” by Bobby (Boris) Pickett

“Monster Mash” is hands down one of the best Halloween songs of all time. This nostalgic bop will have everyone singing along. No matter how many times you have heard it, it never gets any less catchy. 

“This Is Halloween” by The Residents of Halloween Town

Obviously, Halloween means it's finally time to watch Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack Skellington and company will get you right into your spooky vibes with this childhood classic. 

“Ghostbusters” by Ray Parker Jr. 

A question everyone knows the answer to: “Who ya gonna call?” This feel-good classic is truly a song that resurrects from the grave every Halloween. Play this track and your feet won’t stop moving.

“Midnight City” by M83

The background synthesizers of this electronic hit transport you to a city buzzing at night. Spooky yet spunky, this banger is guaranteed to be the perfect addition for all your Halloween-festivities.

“Monster” by Kayne West ft. JAY-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj and Bon Iver

If rap is more your style, this is the Halloween banger for you. Kayne and Jay-Z are a killer duo, with Nicki Minaj adding just the right amount of spook. Aggressive and hard-hitting, this banger will spook up your night.

“Psycho Killer” by Talking Heads

Party like it’s 1982 with this alternative track. The ”run, run, run” lyrics speak for themselves in this spooky classic by Talking Heads. 

“Heads Will Roll - A-Trak Remix” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs, A-Trak

It doesn't get any spookier than “off, off, off with your head.” This head-banger rightfully earns its spot as a top hit at all the Halloween parties. The beat is perfect to dance to and the lyrics ring true to the spooky atmosphere. 

“Somebody’s Watching Me” by Rockwell

This eerie track is guaranteed to give you the chills. This track will make you think twice before you close your eyes to shampoo in the shower. Michael Jackson also kills the hook on this creepy Halloween chiller. 

“Time Warp” by Little Nell, Patricia Quinn and Richard O’Brien

The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a classic Halloween staple. Grab your squad and dance the night away to this timeless track. After all, it’s just a jump to the left and step to the right. 

“Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” by Eurythmics

The beat of this song is the perfect mix of groovy and spooky. So obviously, it’s perfect for your Halloween party. The tune of this song is sure to get the monsters, witches, and many girls dressed as cats onto the dance floor. 

@lexilepof

ll653118@ohio.edu