The women's soccer team huddles together before their game against the Akron Zips on Oct. 4, 2018.

Soccer: Bobcats look to change fortunes in last home stand of the season

Ohio has not won a match since Oct. 4.

Since their 4-0 victory over Toledo, the Bobcats (7-6-1, 2-3-1 Mid-American Conference) have gone 0-2-1 in their last three matches and have struggled to live up to the high expectations they had to enter the season.

These struggles have affected Ohio’s positioning within the MAC tournament. After the win over the Rockets, the Bobcats sat in third place in the conference and looked set up for at least one home playoff game.

Thanks to the recent struggles, however, the Bobcats currently sit at seventh in the MAC standings, putting them in a matchup with the two seed, Ball State.

In its last home stand of the season, Ohio looks to break out of its cold spell and climb back up the MAC standings before the tournament.

First, on Friday, Ohio matches up against Central Michigan (7-2-2, 4-2 MAC), who is currently in third place in the MAC standings.

The Bobcats have historically struggled against the Chippewas. Ohio has lost nine of its last ten matches against Central Michigan, including eight consecutive before 2017’s 3-0 victory over the Chippewas.

First touch at Chessa Field on Friday is scheduled for 4 p.m.

Following the match against Central Michigan, the Bobcats then face off against Eastern Michigan (3-9-2, 2-4 MAC) on Sunday. 

Unlike its history with Central Michigan, Ohio currently has the edge in its recent history with the Eagles, winning the last two matchups against Eastern Michigan.

Sunday’s match against Eastern Michigan is also Senior Day for the Bobcats, and they will be celebrating the collegiate careers of their five seniors: Alivia Milesky, Victoria Breeden, Sydney Leckie, Courtney Daugerdas and Alli Miller.

First touch at Chessa Field on Sunday is scheduled for 1 p.m.

@TylerHJohnson7

tj932016@ohio.edu

Tyler Johnson

Sports