‘The Masked Singer’ revealed another contestant during Wednesday’s episode. (Photo provided via @THR on Twitter)

TV Recap: Four new celebrities perform on ‘The Masked Singer,’ one contestant is revealed

Week two of The Masked Singer has commenced and as usual, some performances shined while some left more to be desired. Nonetheless, another Smackdown commenced and another contestant was revealed. Here’s a recap of the week’s episode and our guesses for the remaining contestants:  

Black Widow sent our heads spinning

The Black Widow, clearly a talented vocalist, took the judges and audience on a wild ride with a stunning performance of Whitney Huston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody.” From her clues, like the apple, an empire and references to a director’s cut, the judges made the best guess that she was some sort of well-known actress than can sing. 

Guess: Raven-Symone

Leopard had a spotless performance

The Leopard boasted a very evident Britsh accent but had the judges thinking he was a woman until he sang an outstanding rendition of “Somebody to Love” by Queen. Among the clues, were several references to scandals, being a runaway and royalty. 

Guess: Seal

Flamingo seems to be a flock star

The Flamingo, clad in sparkles and pink, is obviously some sort of young, feminine celebrity. Putting on a sparkling performance of the Jonas Brothers’ “Sucker,” the Flamingo clearly knows how to sing. Her clue package pointed directly to her being a YouTube celebrity that focuses on beauty. 

Guess: Bethany Mota

Panda causes pandemonium

Probably the cutest of the performers, the Panda put on an adorable performance of “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson. Her clue package, written in the form of a letter, indicated she has a supportive family, plays some sort of sport with references to winning and matches and comes from the greatest family in the forest. 

Guess: Venus Williams

The Smackdown: Leopard v. Panda

Following their initial performances, the audience voted to send the Leopard and Panda on to sing against each other to see who would be revealed. The Panda put on a performance of DJ Khaled’s “All I Do Is Win,” while the Leopard performed “Respect” by Aretha Franklin. The Panda’s song choice was a nod to who it was, and she was revealed to be undefeated boxer Laila Ali. 

The Masked Singer airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on FOX.

@SydneyEWalters 

sw844317@ohio.edu