Daryl and Carol take a small trip on the season premiere of ‘The Walking Dead.’ (Photo provided via @TheWalkingDead on Twitter)

TV Review: ‘The Walking Dead’ teases war with the Whisperers during the season 10 premiere

After seasons of struggling, stagnant plot lines, The Walking Dead finally seems to have found its groove again.

The season 10 premiere opened with a satellite hurtling toward the Earth, suggesting trouble for the group.

The communities had formed an army, practicing drills to use in case the Whisperers return from their migration south for the winter. As the group left their training, Judith (Cailey Fleming) found the mask of a Whisperer.

Michonne (Danai Gurira) and Aaron (Ross Marquand) discussed what to do about the mask, considering the two opposing groups had maintained peace by not crossing the Whisperers-established border. They decided to look for more signs of the Whisperers and take quiet precautions to not frighten the community.

However, the group found a walker hide, hinting that the Whisperers had returned. The community began to panic as word quickly spread of the Whisperers.

Carol (Melissa McBride) came back from a fishing trip and accompanied Daryl (Norman Reedus) for a small trip. The pair wondered if they should leave altogether, but settled on staying at the communities and proclaimed how much they valued each other’s friendship.

The satellite from space crashed into the woods across the border and into Whisperers’ territory. Fearing the flames would burn down Oceanside, the community violated the border and put out the massive fire.

As the episode came to a close, Daryl and Carol carelessly crossed the Whisperers’ border yet again, to see the massive horde of walkers they had harnessed. Though when they arrived, they found the horde to be gone. As Carol looked over the edge of the cavern, she spotted Alpha (Samantha Morton), who had also seen Carol.

With the leader of the Whisperers now knowing the group violated the border, war will certainly come to The Walking Dead once again.

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

The Walking Dead airs Sundays at 9 p.m. on AMC.

@huntergraffice

hg551416@ohio.edu