Louie Zervos (Midge Mazur | Ohio Athletics)

Football: Fast reactions from Ohio's 66-24 win at Bowling Green

BOWLING GREEN – Ohio’s second play from scrimmage was a 55-yard touchdown pass from Nathan Rourke to Isiah Cox.

It was the kind of fast start that the Bobcats have been looking for all season long, and that quick pace didn’t slow down in their 66-24 win over Bowling Green on Tuesday.

Even though Ohio (5-6, 4-3 Mid-American Conference) is out of the conference title race, its odds of going to a bowl game if it wins out the season are enough to finish out the season strong.

Here are The Post’s quick reactions following the Bobcats’ fifth win of the season.

Not much left for Rourke

Nathan Rourke has been the one consistent bright spot for the whole entire roster this season, and under the lights in Doyt L. Perry Stadium, he didn’t falter.

The senior quarterback went 14-for-21 with 267 passing yards and three touchdowns. He paired that with 25 rushing yards on eight carries for one touchdowns.

Future bright for Allison

O’Shaan Allison had a career night. His 175 rushing yards and three touchdowns are both new career highs and the redshirt freshman only has room to grow.

He’s shown flashes of what the future of Ohio’s backfield can look like, and if he can continue performances like he had Tuesday night, the Bobcats won’t have to worry about who’s carrying the ball for them for the next few seasons.

Zervos holds a piece of Ohio history

Redshirt senior Louie Zervos with his extra point following Ohio’s fourth touchdown gave him the record for most career points in Ohio history.

The kicker’s 410th point broke former kicker Matt Weller’s record of 409. Zervos ended the night with 11 points.

A look at whats next

Rourke’s night ended mid-way through the third quarter and in his relief came his younger brother, Kurtis.

The freshman started his first drive on the Falcons 18-yard-line which led to an 11-yard score from running back Ja’Vahri Portis.

This is the first time since Week 1 where the Bobcats have been in position to put in a backup quarterback. Redshirt freshman Joe Mischler stepped in for the elder Rourke in Ohio’s 41-20 win over Rhode Island and threw an interception on his only pass.

@matthewlparker5

mp109115@ohio.edu