Ohio forwards Zach Frank (no. 21) and Drew Magyar (no. 25) fight for the puck after a faceoff during the thrid period of the Ohio Bobcats hockey game against Lindenwood on Saturday.

Hockey: Lindenwood scouting report and how to watch

Ohio, after it returned to its winning ways with a sweep over visiting Slippery Rock on Nov. 15-16, is back at it when it hosts No. 3 Lindenwood at Bird Arena.

The Bobcats are looking to carry the momentum that came with their sweep into a series against a tougher test. 

"We've been competing with the top teams in the nation," senior forward Gianni Evangelisti said. "It's time to stop competing and put up wins."

This series is a chance for the Bobcats to prove they can beat the top teams, and not only is this a big series for the Bobcats in the rankings, but it is also a rivalry.

"It's one of the bigger, if not biggest rivalry we have," Evangelisti said. 

Game information

Opponent: Lindenwood

Puck drop: 7:30 p.m.

Venue: Bird Arena

How to watch: Bobcat Productions presents Ohio Hockey

Meet the Opponent

Top point scorers

No. 15 Brendan Murphy (eight goals, eight assists)

No. 25 Aapo Nurminen (six goals, 10 assists)

No. 26 Vegard Faret (six goals, seven assists)

Goalie play

No. 30 Cooper Seedott (8-4, 1.18 goals-against average, .943 save percentage, four shutouts)

No. 31 Stephen Friedland (2-0, .96 goals-against average, .947 save percentage, one shutout)

Penalty minutes

No. 25 Aapo Nurminen (42)

No. 13 Caleb Ernst (25)

No. 24 Kyler Newman (24)

Last Matchup

Ohio is looking for its first win against Lindenwood since Nov. 18th, 2017. The two teams faced off for just one series last season in Bird Arena where the Bobcats were swept by the Lions. The two met against the Central States Collegiate Hockey League Championship game where the Bobcats lost 9-4. 

What to look for

Handle the pressure

Lindenwood applies a lot of pressure on the opposing team and tries to force bad-quick decisions. The Lions are looking to force turnovers that can immediately turn into a scoring opportunity.

Turning the puck over specifically in the defensive zone is something Ohio has struggled with this season. If that continues, the Bobcats are in for a long weekend. If the team can maintain possession when clearing the puck, however, it will allow quality chances for them.

"That's where the game is going to be won or lost," coach Cole Bell said. "Can we get out of there with possession."

Injury notes

Kyle Craddick will play this weekend for the Bobcats. The junior forward wore a red non-contact jersey for the second straight week in practice because of a shoulder injury. Craddick did play game one of the series against Slippery Rock. He did not play in game two of the series as a precaution.

@17_Andrew_

aa816819@ohio.edu