Ohio University forward Nate Springs (No. 2) drives toward the basket with pressure from Heidelberg University's Seth Hohman (No. 22) during the home game on Saturday, Nov. 9, 2019. 

Men's Basketball: Iona scouting report and how to watch

Ohio will look to keep its undefeated start to the season alive Wednesday when it travels to Iona for its third game of the season.

The Bobcats opened their season with wins over St. Bonaventure and Division III Heidelberg. The Gaels have played just one game thus far and are 0-1 after a road loss to La Salle.

Tipoff is set for 7 p.m.

The game

Where: Hynes Center

How to watch: ESPN+

How to listen: Ohio IMG Sports Network

The opposition

Iona fell 70-64 to La Salle in its season opener Saturday. Senior forward Tajuan Agee led the Gaels with 21 points.

Last season, Iona won the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference and lost to UNC 88-73 in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. The Gaels have dominated the MAAC in the last decade and have made the NCAA Tournament in six of the last eight seasons.

Iona returned four of its five starters from last season in E.J. Crawford, Asante Gist, Ben Perez and Agee. Crawford led the Gaels last season with 17.7 points per game and a 50.4 field goal percentage.

Things to watch from Ohio

The Bobcats looked stout against Heidelberg and maintained a lead for 37 minutes against St. Bonaventure, a formidable program from the Atlantic 10 Conference. 

Iona, however, will be a different test for Ohio, who has leaned heavily on strong performances from sophomore guard Jason Preston and sophomore forward Ben Vander Plas. The duo has averaged a combined 28.5 points per game and teamed up for 34 points against Heidelberg.

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu