Head coach Bob Boldon reacts during Ohio’s game against American University in The Convo on Sunday, Nov. 10, 2019. (FILE)

Women's Basketball: Marshall scouting report and how to watch

Ohio has its second home game of the season as it hosts rival Marshall in The Convo on Wednesday. Ohio (1-1) will look to obtain a winning record for the first time in the 2019-20 season.

Game Information:

Who: Marshall Thundering Herd (2-0)

When: Wednesday, Nov. 13, at 7 p.m.

Where: The Convo

How to Watch: ESPN3

How to Listen: Ohio IMG Sports Network

Scouting the Herd

Marshall will be on the road for the first time this season when it comes to Athens on Wednesday. The Herd have played well so far this season at home, and they have outscored their opponents, 164-109. 

Freshman Savannah Wheeler has led Marshall in the beginning of the season with 18.5 points per game. She hasn’t missed from the free throw line, and the team has shot 79.2% from the line. 

The Bobcats have shot a decent 61.8% from the line.

Things to watch from Ohio

The Bobcats will be looking for extra production from the bench players. Caitlyn Kroll is the only player to score off the bench for Ohio so far this season with 19 points in two games. Deesh Beck is the only other bench player to get on the court in both games this season.

The Bobcats put Maddie Bazelak and Peyton Guice in the game Saturday against American, but neither scored nor played more than five minutes. This means that three Ohio players played over 35 minutes Saturday, which would be almost impossible to replace in the event of foul trouble or injury.

@scott_cthomas11

St610417@ohio.edu