Ohio’s Logan Stanley wrestles Campbells’ Austin Murphy during a match on Nov. 10, 2019, in The Convo.

Wrestling: Mixed results in Ohio's 2 road duals against Edinboro, Long Island

Ohio came into the ‘Boro Duals looking for its first victory of the season. 

The Bobcats had two chances to do so on Saturday and were successful in only one of them. After a lackluster start to the duals against host Edinboro, the Bobcats redeemed themselves by mercilessly shutting out Long Island.  

The day couldn’t have gotten off to a much worse start for the Bobcats when they began against the Fighting Scots. Only Alec Hagan (149) and Joe Terry (165) beat their opponents as Edinboro came out victorious 25-7 at McComb Fieldhouse. Other than the victories from Hagan and Terry, the Bobcats didn’t have much else to be proud about after the first of two duals to come.  

Fewer than 25 minutes after the conclusion of the Edinboro dual, Ohio needed to beat the Sharks in order to ride out of Pennsylvania with a victory.  

It did more than just that in a 46-0 beatdown. The Bobcats (1-2, 0-1 Mid-American Conference) completely shut down the Sharks to win their first dual of the season.  

Ohio wrestlers who fell against Edinboro were able to return to the mat and take out any frustrations they had on their Long Island opponents. Hagan and Terry were also the only Bobcats to come away with two victories Saturday.  

One of the dual’s highlights came when Hagan pinned his opponent in 35 seconds. The quick and dominant victory was a perfect representation of how the Bobcats handled the Sharks in the shutout.  

It was a mixed day for Ohio, but in the end, it was able to end the ‘Boro Duals on a positive note and in a dominating fashion. 

@elifeaz  

ef195418@ohio.edu