Ohio’s Logan Stanley wrestles Campbells’ Austin Murphy during a match on Nov. 10, 2019, in The Convo.

Wrestling: Ohio begins December with a trip to Chattanooga

Ohio (1-2, 0-1 Mid-American Conference) begins December with a trip to Chattanooga, Tennessee, to face Chattanooga in its fourth dual meet of the season. It will be Ohio’s third road dual. 

Here is the information for Sunday: 

Opponent: Chattanooga (2-4)

Meet Location: Maclellan Gym

Meet Date: Dec. 1 at 2 p.m. 

How to Watch: MocsVision

What’s Happened so far

The Bobcats are coming off a solid showing at the Navy Classic where they placed sixth out of 18 teams. Ohio also had five top-six place finishes in the tournament. Zac Carson and Alec Hagan each placed second in their respective weight classes. 

Match Information 

The Bobcats have a chance to get back to .500 on the season when they face the Mocs on Sunday. Chattanooga is coming off a 22-15 loss against No. 19 North Carolina. Chattanooga has also competed against No. 2 Iowa where it lost 39-0. 

Ohio has a tough matchup in the 125-pound weight class when it will face junior Fabian Gutierrez. Gutierrez is 6-3 on the season. Ohio’s Giovanni DiSabato will need to be on the top of his game in order to defeat Gutierrez. 

Another tough matchup for the Bobcats will be sophomore Matthew Waddell, who is 6-2. He will face Ohio’s Mason Kroening, who is coming off a tough Navy Classic where he lost in the first round. 

A matchup where the Bobcats can sit comfortably this weekend is with Carson. Carson was recently ranked No. 18 in Intermats Top-20 individual rankings. Carson will either face George Carpenter or Tyler Shilson. Carson has been Ohio’s most impressive wrestler this season, and there is no reason to believe he won’t continue that this weekend. 

Ohio leads the all-time series against Chattanooga 9-7. The Bobcats have won three out of the last four meetings. After this weekend, the Bobcats won’t compete again until Dec. 20 against West Virginia. 

@WillShep13

ws905818@ohio.edu