Ohio senior Cameron Kelly wrestles SIUE’s Lucas Bernal during a match Feb. 9 in The Convo.

Wrestling: Navy Classic will be Ohio's second tournament of the season

Ohio will participate in its second tournament of the season on Saturday when it heads to Annapolis, Maryland, for the Navy Classic. The Bobcats are coming off of the ‘Boro Duals where they fell to Edinboro, but shut out Long Island for their first win of the year. 

Here is the information for Saturday: 

Tournament Location: Wesley Brown Field House 

Tournament Date: Nov. 23 at 10 a.m. (All Day) 

How to Watch: Flowrestling 

What’s Happened so far: 

The Michigan State Open was the last tournament that Ohio competed in this season, where six of its wrestlers finished in the top-5 of their weight class. 

Since then, the Bobcats have had duals against three teams, with their only victory coming against LIU.  

Tournament Information: 

While tournaments don’t add to the win-loss ratio, the wrestlers will have an opportunity to strengthen their resume to qualify for the NCAA Tournament at the end of the season.  

Ohio will have at least one wrestler participate in each weight group in the tournament, including three representatives in the 141-pound weight group, which includes Kyran Hagan, Moises Guillen and Shakur Laney.  

Wrestlers from Campbell and Edinboro, who are responsible for Ohio’s two losses so far, will participate in the tournament.  

Mario Guillen and Alec Hagan are two big names to watch on Saturday. Both wrestlers performed well in East Lansing, Michigan, and have also put up solid performances in the dual meets. Hagan was one of two wrestlers for the Bobcats to compete in two matches in the ‘Boro Duals and win both of them. The other wrestler was Joe Terry, who will also participate in the Navy Classic. 

@elifeaz  

ef195418@ohio.edu