Ohio’s Logan Stanley wrestles Campbells’ Austin Murphy during a match on Nov. 10, 2019, in The Convo.

Wrestling: Ohio hopeful to earn first dual win of the season

Ohio has two matches this weekend as it takes on Edinboro and Long Island in the Boro Duals. Ohio’s matchup against Edinboro will be its first Mid-American Conference meet of the year. 

Here is the information for Saturday: 

Opponent: Edinboro | Long Island

Meet Location: McComb Fieldhouse

Meet Date: Nov. 16 at 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. 

How to Watch: Flowrestling

What’s Happened so far: 

The Bobcats were outmatched in their meet against No. 21 Campbell on Nov. 10. They kept it close the entire match and it came down to the final bout, but they lost 24-16. Campbell was a great test for Ohio, and it hopes to carry some confidence heading into the Boro Duals.

Match Information: 

Edinboro will be Ohio’s first MAC meet of the year. Last season, Ohio ended with a 4-3 conference record.

The Fighting Scots enter the meet at 3-0 and they have only lost three individual matches all season. Freshman Cody Mulligan at the 184-pound weight class has dominated opponents this year for Edinboro. Junior Jon Spaulding will be a tough matchup in the heavyweight class as he has won by major decision in every match so far this year. 

Following their conference opener, the Bobcats will face Long Island.

The Sharks’ (1-5) only win was against Centenary. Freshman Jimmy Ryan has been a bright spot for Long Island after he limited No. 23 Virginia to just three points in his individual match. Ryan, who is in the 125-pound weight class, will be a tough challenge for Giovanni Disabato or Trevor Giallambardo. 

Ohio must take advantage of its opportunity this weekend to get in the win column in both the MAC and overall. After these meets, the Bobcats will travel to Annapolis, Maryland, to compete in the Navy Classic. 

@Willshep13

ws905818@ohio.edu