Ohio University quarterback (No. 12) Nathan Rourke running the ball at the homecoming game against Northern Illinois University. Ohio lost 36-39 on Oct. 12, 2019.

Football: Nathan Rourke, Javon Hagan named to First Team All-MAC list

Two Ohio players — quarterback Nathan Rourke and safety Javon Hagan — were named to the Mid-American Conference First-Team list Wednesday morning.

The two senior team captains headlined the Bobcats in the conference awards, which also featured two Ohio players on the MAC Second Team and three players on the Third Team.

Rourke, who was named a Second Team member the last two seasons, finished the regular season with a career-high 2,676 passing yards and 20 touchdowns, and he rushed for 780 yards and 12 touchdowns. He’ll leave Ohio with the most touchdowns scored by a player in program history.

Hagan — who was 2016 MAC Freshman of the Year, a Second Team member his first two seasons and a First Team member last season — led the Bobcats with 99 tackles and seven pass breakups and recorded three tackles for a loss. He’ll end his career tied with former cornerback Ian Wells for eighth in program history in passes defended.

Offensive linemen Austen Pleasants received Second Team honors and punter Michael Farkas, who recorded one tackle this season, was also named to the Second Team defense.

Marques Grimes and Steven Hayes represented Ohio’s offensive line on the Third Team and D.L. Knock was selected as kickoff return specialist on the Third Team.

Among other awards, Central Michigan’s Jim McElwain was named Coach of the Year, Western Michigan’s LeVante Bellamy won Offensive Player of the Year, Western Michigan’s Treshaun Howard won't Defensive Player of the Year and Miami quarterback Brett Gabbert was named Freshman of the Year.

@anthonyp_2

ap012215@ohio.edu