Ohio’s Logan Stanley wrestles Campbells’ Austin Murphy during a match on Nov. 10, 2019, in The Convo.

Wrestling: Ohio competes in the Midlands Classic this weekend

Ohio (2-3, 0-1 Mid-American Conference) is preparing to compete in its third tournament this season. The Bobcats placed sixth in their last tournament and hope to continue their success in the Midlands Classic this weekend in Chicago. 

Here is the information for this weekend: 

Meet Location: Sears Centre Arena in Hoffman Estates

Meet Date: Dec. 29 and 30 at 9:30 a.m. (All day)

How to Watch: FloWrestling

What’s Happened so far: 

Ohio is no stranger to tournaments this season, as they have competed in two so far. 

In the Michigan State Open, the Bobcats had six wrestlers place in the top five for their respective weight class. In the Navy Classic, the team placed sixth overall. They also had two second-place finishes and one third-place finish. 

Match Information: 

The Midland Classic will give the Bobcats an opportunity to see where they rank among some of the top wrestlers in the nation. 

Ohio looks to be represented well by Alec Hagan, Zac Carson and Shakur Laney. Each of them took a third-place or better finish in the Navy Classic, and they hope to build their resumes with solid victories. Each of these wrestlers have been standouts in Ohio’s regular season duals. 

The Bobcats have a wrestler in every weight class for the tournament, so they will have a good chance at having a top place finisher. 

Having a solid tournament will give Ohio some confidence heading into the rest of its season. This will be its last tournament until the MAC Championships at the end of the season. After the Midland Classic, the Bobcats will face Oklahoma back in The Convo on Jan. 5. 

@Willshep13

ws905818@ohio.edu