Ohio's Ben Vander Plas attempts to score a basket over Bowling Green's Daeqwon Plowden during the match in the Convo on Saturday, January 11, 2019. (FILE)

Men's Basketball: Numbers that mattered in Ohio's 76-73 loss at Buffalo

Ohio lost its second consecutive game of the Mid-American Conference season after a 76-73 loss at Buffalo.

The Bobcats (9-8, 1-3 MAC) played much like they did on Saturday in terms of being a team of two different halves. They held a 31-26 halftime lead, but much like Bowling Green did to Ohio, Buffalo scored 50 points in the second half to secure the three-point win.

Redshirt sophomore Ben Vander Plas led Ohio with 28 points, a career high.

0 - All five of Ohio’s bench players combined for zero points on a combined 45 minutes. Freshman Ben Roderick played for 16 minutes and only tallied two rebounds. Miles Brown had a bench-high three rebounds. Not only did the bench have zero points, but starting guard Jordan Dartis also had zero points.

43.9 - Ohio went 29-for-66 on field goal attempts, good for 43.9%. In their last two games, the Bobcats have shot 46.4% and have gone 1-1 in that stretch. Vander Plas shot a team high 55% from the field. He and sophomore point guard Jason Preston each shot 50% from beyond the arc.

4 - Sylvester Ogbonda and Lunden McDay each had four personal fouls in Tuesday’s game. Ogbonda, who fouled out against Bowling Green, has reached foul trouble in almost every single game this season.

18 - While it lost, Ohio made the most out of its second chances as it scored 18 points off of second chances. While indicative that perhaps the Bobcats had rebounded the Bulls, they were an even 37-37.

Whats next?

Ohio will travel to Ypsilanti, Michigan, where it’ll play Eastern Michigan for the second time this season. The Bobcats defeated the Eagles 74-68 behind the sharpshooting of Dartis, who made eight 3-pointers.

@matthewlparker5

mp109115@ohio.edu