After passing Ball State’s Thelma Dis Agustsdottir (No.10) and Jasmin Samz (No. 24), Ohio’s Amani Burke (No. 3) looks for a shot before facing Annie Rauch (No.42) during the Bobcats’ home game on Saturday, Jan. 18, 2020.

Women's Basketball: Numbers to know from Ohio's 85-79 win over Northern Illinois

Ohio asserted its dominance over Northern Illinois on Wednesday night in Dekalb, Illinois, with an 85-79 win. This is the Bobcats’ second win over the Huskies this season. 

The Bobcats (11-6, 4-2 Mid-American Conference) won their fifth-straight game over Northern Illinois (5-12, 1-5 MAC) behind a strong offensive performance that featured four players finishing with double-digit points.

Here are some numbers to know from Wednesday’s win:

32- Erica Johnson scored a career-high 32 points against the Huskies. Johnson has scored at least 15 points in seven consecutive games after her impressive performance against the Huskies. Johnson went 9-for-16 from the field and 10-for-12 at the free throw line. Johnson’s performance picked right back where she left off against Northern Illinois, as she scored 23 points when the two teams met just under three weeks ago.

30- The Bobcats shot 30 free throws Wednesday, a new season-high. Ohio capitalized at the line, going 16-for-30. It also limited Northern Illinois’ attempts at the line, and only allowed 12 free throw attempts.

7- The margin of victory was much smaller for Ohio this time around. The Bobcats beat the Huskies by 20 at home. The closer game might have been due to the absence of Cece Hooks, who missed the game because of an undisclosed violation of team rules.

50- Northern Illinois shot 50% from the three-point line, going 15-for-30 beyond the arc. This led to the Huskies’ third-highest scoring game of the season against the strong Ohio defense.

What’s next?

Ohio returns home on Saturday to face Bowling Green for the first time this season. The Falcons have struggled so far this season with a 1-5 MAC record.

@Scott_cthomas11

St610417@ohio.edu