Ohio University's, Erica Johnson (#4), pulls up for a three point shot during the home game against America. (FILE)

Women's Basketball: Takeaways from Ohio's 79-69 win over Bowling Green

Ohio defeated Bowling Green 79-69 on Saturday in The Convo. Saturday’s game was the first time the Bobcats had played in The Convo since Jan. 18, where they defeated Ball State.

Saturday’s win was Ohio’s fifth Mid-American Conference win.

With plenty to take in, here are a few key points from the Bobcats’ second East Division victory.

Hot Start

Ohio came out to a blazing hot start and scored the first nine points of the game. The Bobcats shot 9-for-19 from the field and jumped out to a 14-point lead at the end of the first quarter.  

The Falcons didn’t score for almost four minutes to start the game, and they weren’t able to keep up. Defensively, Ohio forced nine turnovers in the first period of play and Bowling Green shot just 30% from the field.

The return of Cece Hooks

After missing Wednesday’s game at Northern Illinois due to an undisclosed violation of team rules, Hooks made her presence known. The point guard scored a game-high 25 points with 7 rebounds, 8 assists and 3 steals. Hooks shot 81.8% from the field in the win.

Good day for shooting

Both Ohio and Bowling Green had terrific shooting performances Saturday afternoon. The Bobcats shot 49% and the Falcons shot 46%. Several Ohio players got in the action with eight different players scoring and four of them scored at least eight points.

@scott_cthomas11

St610417@ohio.edu