Ohio’s Logan Stanley wrestles Campbell’s Austin Murphy during a match on Nov. 10, 2019, in The Convo. (FILE)

Wrestling: Ohio takes on its second MAC opponent in Missouri

Ohio (2-4, 0-1 Mid-American Conference) is coming off its worst loss of the season when it faced Oklahoma last Sunday. The Bobcats have a shot at redemption Friday when they face No. 25 Missouri in their second MAC dual of the season. 

Here is the information for this weekend: 

Opponent: Missouri (5-4, 2-0 MAC) 

Meet Location: Hearnes Center

Meet Date: Jan. 10 at 7 p.m.

How to Watch: ESPN+

What’s happened so far: 

The Bobcats will be looking to claim their first MAC victory of the season. Their only previous MAC dual was Nov. 16 when they faced Edinboro. Ohio lost that dual 25-7. Ohio is currently one of three teams that have not won a MAC dual. 

Match information: 

Missouri is one of the most solid teams the Bobcats will face this season. Led by Brock Mauller and Jarrett Jacques, the Tigers will be tough to beat. The Bobcats have faced tough competition all season, so they should be ready to face the challenge.

Alec Hagan will face Mauller in the 149 pound weight class. Hagan has faced multiple tough wrestlers this season, but Mauller will be his toughest opponent yet, as he bouts a 14-1 record and is ranked No. 2 for his weight class. Hagan will have to be at the top of his game in order to take down Mauller.

Jacques currently is the No. 12 ranked wrestler for the 157 pound weight class. He also holds a 16-2 record on the season. Zac Carson will have an opportunity to defeat Jacques. Carson has been one of Ohio’s top wrestlers on the season and will be ready for the challenge. 

A win in the MAC will provide the Bobcats a moral boost heading into a long stretch of MAC opponents. A win will also take them out of the bottom of the MAC standings. Getting back on track should be the goal for the Bobcats on Friday.

@Willshep13

ws905818@ ohio.edu