Ohio forward Tyler Harkins (No. 22) shoots the puck for a goal during the third period of the Bobcats’ game against Robert-Morris Illinois on Friday, Oct. 11, 2019, at Bird Arena in Athens, Ohio. The Bobcats won 4-3 in a shootout. (FILE)

Hockey: Lindenwood scouting report and how to watch

No. 7 Ohio looks to bounce back this weekend as they travel to league rival No. 3 Lindenwood University in Missouri. This will be the second of two series between the two teams this season. 

Playing a team for the second time makes it easy to assess what worked and what didn't against your opponent. That is something the Bobcats felt they have done well in identifying during practices this week. 

"We can watch them play against us and see what worked for us," coach Cole Bell said. "I think we've put together a pretty good game plan."

Game Information

Opponent: No. 3 Lindenwood University

Puck drop: Friday at 7:15 p.m., Saturday at 1:30 p.m.

Venue: Centene Community Ice Arena

How to watch: A Lindenwood University Production

Meet the Opponent

Top point scorers

No. 25 Aapo Nurminen (seven goals, 15 assists)

No. 15 Brendan Murphy (10 goals, eight assists)

No. 26 Vegard Faret (nine goals, eight assists)

Goalie play

No. 30 Cooper Seedott (12-5, 1.18 goals-against average, .944 save percentage, five shutouts)

No. 31 Stephen Friedland (3-0, 1.30 goals-against average, .922 save percentage, one shutout)

Penalty minutes

No. 25 Aapo Nurminen (75)

No. 13 Caleb Ernst (41)

No. 7 Zach Martin (30)

Last Matchup

The Bobcats and the Lions split the series when the two met earlier in the season at Bird Arena. The Lions won the first game 4-1, but Ohio bounced back to win the next night 2-1. That win was a turning point in the season for Ohio. Since then, they have a 6-2 record, but more importantly, they have played with confidence. 

What to look for

Handle the pressure part two

In the second game of their first series, Ohio handled Lindenwood's pressure and intensity well. When the Bobcats did so, they were able to get behind the defense. In that game, the team did not get in a lot of shots, but those they did were quality chances.

Injury and suspension notes

Gianni Evangelisti, J.T. Schimizzi and Andrew Sacca will play this weekend for the Bobcats. All three wore red non-contact jerseys at points and time this week. 

Jackson Chillberg is still out with a concussion. He is projected to come back at the end of February.

Andrew Wells is expected to be out until mid-February with a shoulder injury. 

Zach Curry's return date has the potential to be bumped up to the end of February or early March. He had sports hernia surgery over winter break.

@17_Andrew_

aa816819@ohio.edu