Blotter: Cat trapped inside trailer; vehicle stolen

You can’t see me

Deputies pulled over a man driving a U-Haul truck and trailer for light issues on Sunday. The light issue was found to be an electrical problem.

The driver said he would contact the rental company to figure out where he could get assistance for the issue. 

No further action was taken. 

Come on, boss

On Monday, deputies were called to The Plains due to a suspicious vehicle near the storage units. 

Deputies spoke with two men who were in the vehicle. The men said they were waiting for their boss to load a cable into their vehicle. 

The man in the passenger seat was arrested due to an active warrant for a traffic offense and was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail. 

Sideswipe

Deputies took a report of a damaged vehicle in Chauncey on Sunday. 

The vehicle was parked on the side of the road and could have been sideswiped. 

To tow or not to tow

On Sunday, deputies received a report of a suspicious vehicle at the New Marshfield Post Office after hours. 

Deputies said the vehicle appeared to have a flat tire. 

The decision was left up to the post office as to if the vehicle would be towed. 

Don’t text and drive

Deputies noticed a man sitting in his vehicle outside the Waterloo Fire Department on Sunday. 

The man told deputies he was just using his cell phone, and units returned to patrol. 

Where’s the cat?

Deputies got a report of a cat being trapped inside a trailer on Knollwood Court on Friday. 

Deputies spoke with the homeowner, who said everything was fine. 

No burglary here 

Deputies responded to State Route 685 on Sunday to what was thought to be a burglary. Deputies discovered that a man was getting his property from residence and had permission to do so. 

A different man on the scene was arrested on an active warrant and transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

That’s a sin

On Friday, the Pastor at Canaanville United Methodist Church reported that the church van’s catalytic converter was stolen. 

A report was taken for the incident.

Lost, then found

Deputies responded to Chase Run Road on Monday about a stolen vehicle from Meigs County found in a field. 

The vehicle was towed by Meigs County after being located. 

Oops! 

Deputies responded to an alarm going off at a business in Dover Township on Monday. 

When deputies arrived, the business was still open. Deputies found that employees had accidentally set off the alarm and returned to patrol. 

@kirstenthomas36

kt531818@ohio.edu