Ohio's QB Nathan Rourke (12) hands the ball to RB De'Montre Tuggle (24) in the third quarter of the first Mid-American Conference against the Buffalo Bulls in Buffalo, NY on Friday, Oct. 5, 2019. (FILE)

Football: A look at Ohio's full 2020 schedule

The Mid-American Conference released its full 2020 schedule Wednesday afternoon with scheduled dates for all 12 regular season games for each team. All kickoff times are to be announced.

Ohio’s season starts on Sept. 5 when it hosts FCS North Carolina Central. From there, the Bobcats will travel to Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, where they will play Power 5 school Boston College on Sept. 12.

They round out their nonconference schedule with a home game against Marshall on Sept. 19 and an away game at Texas State on Sept. 26.

MAC play for Ohio begins on Oct. 3, when it travels to MAC West opponent Toledo. The two teams last played in the 2017-18 season in Athens where the Bobcats defeated the Rockets 38-10.

Following the Oct. 10 homecoming game against Eastern Michigan, the Bobcats will travel to Oxford on Oct. 17 and play Miami in the annual “Battle of the Bricks” rivalry game.

The month of October end with a home game on Oct. 24 against Bowling Green.

Ohio’s first bye comes between the Saturday slate and the MAC’s annual midweek games. The Bobcats will have 11 days off before they travel to Central Michigan on Nov. 4. They close out their season with three consecutive East Division games at Kent State on Nov. 11, home against Buffalo on Nov. 18 and home against Akron on Nov. 27.

Ahead of the 2019 season, Ohio was picked to win the MAC but finished the regular season 6-6 and fell short on a trip to Detroit after suffering close losses to Miami and Western Michigan. The Bobcats closed out the season with a 30-21 win over Nevada in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl for the program’s second victory in that bowl game and their third consecutive bowl win.

@matthewlparker5

mp109115@ohio.edu