Ohio's Jordan Dartis dribbles the ball past Dylan Fyre of Bowling Green during their game on Saturday, Jan. 11, 2020, in The Convo. Ohio lost 83-74.

Men's Basketball: A second glance at Bowling Green and how to watch

Ohio will travel to Bowling Green on Saturday for its second bout against its Mid-American Conference East Division rival.

The Bobcats (13-13, 5-8 MAC) are looking for redemption against the Falcons after they lost the first game on Jan. 11 in an 83-74 defeat. Ohio had a 10-point lead at half time but allowed Bowling Green to score 50 points in the second half.

Luckily for the Bobcats, that was only the third game of their conference schedule. Since then, they’ve seen the development and growth they had hoped for in their young team.

A closer look at the Falcons since the first game.

Game information

Game time: 4:30 p.m.

Venue: Stroh Center (Bowling Green)

Watch: ESPN 3

Bowling Green since Game 1

Record: 8-2 MAC

Overall: 19-7, 10-3 MAC

Conference wins: The Falcons have won their eight conference games since they defeated Ohio by an average margin of 3.6 points. In those eight games, their largest wins were all by six points and came against Toledo and Ball State twice. Their closest win was a 78-77 win over Buffalo.

Conference losses: Bowling Green has just two losses since it played Ohio. While their wins have been close, the Falcons in both of their losses were blown out. Central Michigan won by 10 points and Akron won by 15 points.

How Ohio wins

Coach Jeff Boals made note of how, in the first half against Bowling Green, his team was the aggressor. The Bobcats made the shots and looked sharp defensively. That all changed in the second half, however, when the Falcons shot above 50% from the field and from beyond-the-arc.

For the Bobcats to win, they need to use the experience they’ve gained over the course of this conference season – in particular this month, where they have won three of five games – and string together another complete game. It starts on the defensive end for Ohio, who has been using a full-court press early and often in an attempt to disrupt opponents trying to establish their game plans.

@matthewlparker5

mp109115@ohio.edu