Ohio’s Erica Johnson shoots the ball over Toledo’s Soleil Barnes during the Bobcats’ match in The Convo on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020.

Women's Basketball: Numbers to know from Ohio's 82-68 loss at Bowling Green

Ohio suffered its worst loss of the season Wednesday night at Bowling Green. The Falcons entered the game at the bottom of the Mid-American Conference and were on an eight-game losing streak. The loss made it the first time the Bobcats (17-9, 10-5 MAC) lost back-to-back conference games since 2018.

Here are the numbers that mattered in Ohio’s 82-68 loss to Bowling Green:

14­ - The 14-point difference was the largest margin of loss this season for the Bobcats. Ohio struggled on both sides of the ball. 

Offensively, it was the first game since Nov. 29 against Pitt that it didn’t have at least one 20-point scorer. Defensively, 82 points is the most it gave up since an overtime game against Central Michigan at the beginning of the month.

5 - Cece Hooks fouled out for the second straight game at Bowling Green. Her fourth and fifth fouls came just 13 seconds apart in the fourth quarter. The Bobcats had to play the final 4:26 without their best defender and scorer. 

While Hooks’ fouls weren’t the reason they lost, it still is a concern. Ohio is much better with Hooks on the court, as any team would be.

40.6 - Bowling Green entered the game as the MAC’s highest percentage 3-point shooting team. The Falcons showed that as they shot 40.6% from beyond the arc. Madisen Parker led the team with 21 points on 7-of-11 from 3-point range. Parker didn’t even attempt a shot from within the line. Bowling Green shot 13-of-32 from beyond the arc as a team.

Kadie Hempfling got the ball to the shooters, with 15 assists. Hempfling also had nine rebounds.

What’s next

Ohio has three games remaining on the schedule to get back to winning before the MAC Tournament. While the Bobcats will still likely have an automatic spot in Cleveland, they could run the risk of seeing the Chippewas earlier in the tournament if they lose any more games.

@scott_cthomas11

St610417@ohio.edu