Blotter: Four wheelers on road, suspected narcotics in package

Missing mail

Over the weekend, deputies from the Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report over the phone regarding mail being stolen on Vore Ridge Road.

The case is being referred to the postmaster. 

Forgetting something?

Deputies responded to 12th Street in Butchel over the weekend regarding an abandoned car on someone’s property.

Deputies spoke with the person who owned the vehicle about having it removed from the property. 

Who started the fire?

Over the weekend, deputies responded to Angela Drive due to a report of suspicious people starting a fire on the creek bank.

When deputies arrived the fire was out and the people involved were gone. 

Before deputies arrived, the landlord talked to the people who started the fire, who then put the fire out and left. 

Who left their car?

Deputies responded to Red Dog Road in Glouster over the weekend for a report of an abandoned vehicle. 

Deputies determined that the vehicle was involved in an accident that the Ohio State Highway Patrol was investigating.

The Ohio State Highway Patrol came to the scene. 

Car-part robber

On Monday, deputies took a report from York Paving on River Road regarding five catalytic converters and four inch muffler pipes taken from dump trucks. 

The situation is under investigation. 

False alarm

Deputies responded to a business in The Plains on Monday after they received an automated alarm.

Deputies went to the business and determined it was secure. No other action was needed. 

Not street legal

On Tuesday, deputies responded to Euclid Avenue regarding two people driving four wheelers on the road. 

Deputies were not able to find the four wheelers.

Not quite what they thought

Deputies responded to Pine Street on Tuesday regarding a report about a package delivered to an individual. 

The person believed that there were illegal narcotics in the package. Deputies determined that it was vape juice. 

Ding dong ditch

On Tuesday, deputies responded to The Plains regarding an individual knocking on the Fire Department’s door, then running away. 

Deputies did not find the individual but instructed the Fire Department to call back if they saw the person again. 

@kirstenthomas36

kt531818@ohio.edu