5 Netflix shows to binge-watch while you social distance

Binge-watching is a present practice for people, even when they aren’t trapped inside their home all day. For some regular binge-watchers, there seems to be nothing left to watch. On the contrary, however, there are plenty of new and fresh shows put on to Netflix to binge. Here are the 5 best new shows on Netflix to binge-watch while you social distance:  

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez

Although this crime docu-series is heart-wrenching, it reveals the flaws and egregious mistakes made by the Department of Child and Family Services in keeping Gabriel Fernandez safe. The show dives into Fernandez's life growing up with his uncle, his grandparents and finally, at the end of his short life, his mother and his mother’s boyfriend. For anyone who enjoys crime and punishment, this is the perfect show to binge-watch. 

Love is Blind

Many people will deny watching reality TV or even liking reality TV, but the truth of reality TV is it’s an addictive guilty pleasure for everyone. For any fan of reality TV, and even The Bachelor, Love is Blind will be the best show to binge-watch. The goal of the show is to answer “is love blind?” by a blind speed-dating format. Despite only having one season filled with 11 episodes, each episode is nearly an hour long and full of drama. 

Freud

For the lover of anything and everything psychology, Freud is the show for you. The show follows the story of a young Sigmund Freud, a psychic and an inspector as the three try to solve a series of murder mysteries. This show is not based on the actual life of Freud, but will keep you in suspense at every minute. Each nearly hour -long episode will keep you hanging on the edge of your seat.

Self-Made

Based on the life of Madam C.J. Walker, Self-Made follows the story of how one African American former washwoman became a self-made billionaire. The Netflix Original series puts the biography On Her Own Ground by A’Lelia Bundles into action, despite only having four 45- to 49-minute episodes. Anyone who enjoys biopics will be sure to enjoy bingeing this series.

100 Humans

100 Humans is the perfect TV binge-watching choice for anyone who appreciated the curious nature of Jamie and Adam on Mythbusters but wants something new. This one-season wonder involves 100 different people from different backgrounds participating in a variety of experiments to answer questions ranging from “are you biased?” to “can you trust your senses?”

If you’ve ever been curious about an oddly specific topic, this show will probably have the answer for you in one of its 11 episodes. 

@Jilliancraig18

jc986517@ohio.edu