Blotter: Beer stolen, party dispersed

Too windy

Over the weekend, deputies responded to the Family Dollar located in New Marshfield. Family Dollar was closed and the alarm was going off.

Deputies determined that the building was secure and the alarm was set off by high winds. 

On fire

Deputies responded to a fire over the weekend located on High Street in Glouster. Deputies assisted as needed. 

The fire was contained by fire units on the scene and deputies returned to patrol. 

Still at church?

Over the weekend, deputies responded to Athens Township regarding a report that a church’s lights were on after hours where they were usually turned off. 

A church employee told deputies they were just cleaning and performing maintenance on audio equipment. 

The one that got away

Deputies responded to Selby Road on Monday regarding a noise complaint. 

Deputies spoke with the caller who said the person and vehicle they called about left before deputies arrived. 

Not so neighborly 

On Monday, deputies responded to Salem Road regarding a man defacing his neighbor’s property. 

A criminal mischief charge is pending. 

No more partying

Deputies responded to Glouster on Tuesday regarding a party with a large number of people. 

Deputies told the owner guests needed to leave due to violating Gov. Mike Dewine’s order that requires gatherings to be five people or less. 

No further action was needed. 

Somehow got away

On Tuesday, deputies responded to a report of a stolen motorcycle in Nelsonville. 

The caller said a loud vehicle went by their house and then stopped. When the caller went to check on their motorcycle, it was gone. 

The case is still being investigated. 

No more stereo

Deputies took a theft report on Tuesday from a storage unit in The Plains. The caller said a stereo speaker and amplifier were stolen. 

The matter is under investigation. 

Who stole the beer?

On Tuesday, deputies took a report of a stolen case of beer from The Plains. 

The case was stolen from a vehicle overnight. 

@kirstenthomas36

kt531818@ohio.edu