A ruthless yet humbling roast of every zodiac sign

Everyday horoscopes are usually alleviating with all the positive traits and affirmations about your personal zodiac sign. Yes, knowing your astrological sign can help better understand your behaviors and thinking patterns, but what about all the flaws? Some (*cough Gemini cough*), more than others, come with their own bad rap and stereotypes. 

Nonetheless, we all have a secret side to ourselves, and sometimes it’s humbling to be called out on those erratic, emotional, manipulative behaviors. It’s time for an astro roast. No sugar-coating allowed. Here are the worst flaws about every zodiac sign:

Aries (March 21 - April 19)

As the first sign of the zodiac, Aries is commonly known to be the leader and go-getter of the twelve signs. However, they are also known as the child of the zodiac — needing constant attention and affection with none in return. 

Aries are naturally clever people by always knowing the loopholes and shortcuts to get whatever they want. They are stereotyped to be extremely obsessed with self-advancement and are highly competitive in their ways. When it comes to winning, Aries will stop at nothing to get what they want, even if it means using their manipulation tactics to do so. 

Taurus (April 20 - May 20)

Taurus, you moody being, you. When it comes to the nature of a Taurus, it’s all about knowing how they LOVE to be a homebody. They enjoy only the situations in which they feel comfortable and cannot be approached. You will never see a Taurus in a large crowd because they are very calculated about who they get close to. A Taurus usually will become highly dependent upon their loved ones and rarely will ever let them out of sight with their need for possession. 

Gemini (May 21 - June 20)

The most common stereotype for Gemini? They're downright psycho. Geminis are ruled by Mercury, the trickster planet of communication. It‘s only inevitable they usually become flaky with plans and can never express their feelings. 

A Gemini has a black and white personality and usually shows a cheerful, fun, witty face to the world. However, their dual personality results in their dark side, tainted with unstable and manipulative behaviors. The dark side of a Gemini allows them to play games like no other, as they love stirring things up for the sake of drama.

Cancer (June 21 - July 22)

Cancer, you aren’t the only sign that has feelings. As the first water sign of the zodiac, you are highly susceptible to sensitivity and feel things deeper than most. But unlike Scorpio and Pisces, you hide it. Cancer is symbolized as the crab, which perfectly reflects how you deal with emotions — shelling yourself away with them. You’re over-sensitive about everything but will never let another soul know.

Leo (July 23 - Aug. 22)

Stop starting every sentence with “I.” Leos are stereotyped to have an ego larger than the world itself. However, they’re fragile and often get hurt. Once a Leo’s ego is bruised, a series of jealousy and fiery tantrums are unleashed until they build it up again. Leo natives collect their energy by always being the leader in every group and thriving off their stardom. At times, their dominant nature will rub off on others as arrogance and conceit. They must let go of their prideful ways to become their best self.

Virgo (Aug. 23 - Sept. 22)

Can you stop cleaning for five seconds? Virgos are the perfectionists of the zodiac with their image, surroundings and life in general. The mind of a Virgo is as organized as their outside behaviors. If anything is misplaced, they become critically annoyed. Towel on the floor? The end of the world. A speck of dust on the table? All hell breaks loose. With their desire for utter perfection, their detail-oriented nature can easily be perceived as downright neurotic. 

Libra (Sept. 23 - Oct. 22)

Libras, Libras, Libras. Everyone knows they love to shamelessly flirt. Libras have a power with their ability to be so enchanting yet detached in their ways. However, they use this as a weapon. They can easily charm everyone around them, perhaps too much. The Libra desire to people-please results in many people falling for them at the hands of their manipulation. Stop acting like you like everyone! It can hurt people. 

Scorpio (Oct. 23 - Nov. 21)

Scorpios get their bad rap for a reason. Simply put, run away. Scorpio natives are known to be extremely intense, out for blood and obsessed with sex. Unlike most zodiac signs, they don’t hide their faults and wear them on their sleeve as a tactic. A Scorpio may put on a facade that is detached and cold to the world, but deep down, they’re extremely emotional. No one will ever know the true intentions or understand the Scorpio behavior. It’s nearly impossible to disarm a Scorpio, and only a few people they encounter will have the power to do so. 

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)

A Sagittarius is someone who refuses to conform to everyday social convention and expectation. They find their strength within their solitude moments and would choose staying in for self-care over a night out. A Sagittarius’ mouthy behavior might come off as awkward or standoffish in social settings, but they truly mean no harm. 

Capricorn (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19)

When it comes to Capricorns, they either love or hate you. Similarly to Tauruses, a Capricorn is very calculated in the ways they pick and choose who they get close to. They are usually extremely hard to approach, as they are always enclosed in a tight circle, wearing a “resting b---- face.” Capricorns are notorious for off-putting behavior in their ability to be unforgiving and condescending. Be careful to never cross a Capricorn. Odds are they will never forgive you.

Aquarius (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)

Aquarians. They feel nothing. The Aquarius personality is one of a paradox, as it comes with so many contradictions. They enchant people with how different and unique their interests are in a very humbling manner. Like Libras, they love to people-please and use their charming nature as a weapon. An Aquarian will shower people with love and affection, but once it is reciprocated in the slightest, they ghost. 

Pisces (Feb. 19 - March 20)

Yes, the crybaby of the zodiac. As the last sign, Pisces have a complex personality that includes traits of all the other zodiac signs. They can be as delicate as a Taurus one minute and as cold-hearted as a Scorpio the next. For this reason, Pisces are the moodiest, most emotional sign and cry about absolutely anything. They basically live in their feelings within a fantasy world that has no ounce of reality. A Pisces is someone who could fall in love five times in one week and can never stay away from people who aren’t good for them. They seem soft on the surface but truly are highly manipulative and the smartest about it. 

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu