Pete Davidson becomes The King of Staten Island in the upcoming semi-autobiography. (Photo provided via @nypost on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: Judd Apatow’s ‘The King of Staten Island’ brings opportunity for star Pete Davidson to shine

Judd Apatow’s new film The King of Staten Island will star Pete Davidson in a semi-autobiographical story. 

The story follows Scott (Davidson), who has hit a slump ever since his father died when he was seven. Now in his mid-20s, his younger sister is off to college while he spends his time smoking weed and hanging out with his friends. But after his mother starts dating a firefighter, Scott is forced to face his life and maybe even take steps to move forward. 

Some other notable names in the cast are Judd’s daughter, Maude Apatow, as Scott’s sister and Marisa Tomei as Scott’s mother. Bill Burr, Bel Powley and Steve Buscemi also star in the film. 

Apatow, the mind behind Freaks and Geeks, The 40-Year-Old Virgin and This is 40, is bringing his all to The King of Staten Island after not directing a film in over five years. He will have producer, writer and director credits for the film. 

Davidson is not only starring in the film, but has writer credits as well. 

Audiences have been talking nonstop about the film since the trailer’s debut. Though everyone is excited to see Apatow’s latest comedic genius, they’re also excited to see Davidson in a role that gives him a lot of room to act with a wide emotional range. 

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

The King of Staten Island is set to debut through video on demand June 12. 

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu