Logic took to Twitter to announce his retirement and upcoming final album that is scheduled to be released on July 24, 2020. (Photo provided via @rapvilliany on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: Logic announces his new album, retirement

After “feeling under pressure” for nearly six years, Bobby Hall, better known as the rapper Logic, has announced his final album and retirement from the music industry.

On Thursday, Logic took to Twitter to announce his new album, No Pressure, is produced by No I.D. and will drop July 24. Perhaps more importantly, the Maryland native confirmed it would be his last, deciding to step away from music completely so he can be a “great father.”

Logic, who surged to mainstream stardom in 2017 with “1-800-273-8255,” a suicide prevention anthem that earned him two Grammy nominations, cemented his legacy in rap as early as 2014 with his debut album, Under Pressure. His six mixtapes and four other albums as well as the soundtrack for his book, Supermarket, under the same name, only solidified his impact.

After undertaking a social media hiatus, Logic revealed via a Reddit post in April that he and his wife, designer Brittney Noell, had their son. He also said he was churning away at his latest album, so the new music comes as no surprise, but his departure from music completely comes as a devastating blow. However, we wish the impactful rapper only the best in fatherhood.

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

@bre_offenberger

bo844517@ohio.edu