The 2020 presidential debates are here; learn about these 6 ways to stay healthy if you are living in a dorm

Today is Tuesday, September 29, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

The first presidential debate for 2020 kicks off tonight at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH. The debate begins at 9 p.m. EST and will last until 10:30 p.m. This will be very different from previous debates throughout American history. Aside from being spaced far apart, there will be no handshake and all 80-90 audience members will be tested for COVID-19 prior to entry. One thing that will feel familiar is the absence of masks from Trump, Biden and Wallace, the moderator.

The debate will immediately open to the selected questions, leaving no room for opening statements. The topics selected include the records of Trump and Biden, the Supreme Court, the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, status of the economy, altercations regarding violence and race in cities and ending with the integrity of this election. ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC and C-SPAN will have live coverage of the debates with no commercial breaks. Live coverage will also be posted on YouTube via CBS News and C-SPAN.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Here’s how OU students are adjusting to the pandemic as Phase 2 begins. (The Post)

Learn about these 6 ways to stay healthy if you are living in a dorm. (The Post)

ReUse Makerspace and thrift store held an open house at its new location on Saturday. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Autumn is here! With a high of 61 degrees and a chance of rain, today will be brisk. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

TikTok, WeChat vs. the U.S., legal battles ensue as ban is blocked. (Reuters)

Uber is certified to operate in London for an 18-month period. (Boston Globe)

Talks of vaccines get louder, but what have they looked like in the past? (Nature.com)

@JackHiltner 

jh396418@ohio.edu

Jack Hiltner

Digital Director