Alexander’s Michael Lash II attempts to run the ball past Athens’ Braxton Springer during the game at Alexander High School on Friday, Aug. 28, 2020. Athens beat Alexander 20-13.

High School Football: Alexander looks for first win against winless River Valley

On Friday, two winless teams will enter, but only one will come away with their first win of the season.

Alexander will play its first home game since the season opener against River Valley in a battle of two 0-3 teams.

The winner of this game will not only capture their first win of the season but also keep themselves out of last place in the Tri-Valley Conference (Ohio) standings.

The Spartans are entering this game after a tough 40-0 loss to the undefeated Wellston. It was another game where they showed flashes of a good team, as Alexander only trailed 6-0 at the half, but could not put it all together, and things began to unravel for them.

The Spartans look to bounce back from that loss and finally get their first win of the season. 

Here’s what you need to know heading into the game:

Game information and notes:

• Opponent: River Valley Raiders (0-3, 0-3 TVC-Ohio)
  • Venue: Alexander Spartans Stadium
  • Date and Time: Friday, Sept. 18 at 7 p.m.
  • Last season, the Spartans came away with a 35-0 win over the Raiders.
  • The last time River Valley beat Alexander was in the 2017 season when the Raiders came away with a 27-15 victory.
  • River Valley has allowed 39 or more points in each of its three losses this season, including its 22-48 defeat to Vinton County last Friday.

@TylerHJohnson7

tj932016@ohio.edu

Tyler Johnson

Sports