Alexander’s Michael Lash II runs the ball during the Athens versus Alexander game on Friday, Aug. 28, 2020, at Alexander High School. Athens won the match 20-13.

High School Football: Alexander travels to Vinton County in search of its second win

After getting its first notch in the win column following its dominant victory over River Valley, Alexander must keep its momentum rolling as it plays its final road game of the season.

The Spartans travel to Vinton County on Friday to take on the Vikings in the fifth game of the shortened six-game season, and Alexander’s main focus is to get the offense into the same rhythm it found against the Raiders.

Controlling last week’s game showed what the Spartans are capable of offensively. Now they are looking to show that they can string great offensive performances together.

It will be a tougher challenge than last week, considering the Vikings have played better this season than River Valley and the Spartans will be on the road this week instead of playing in Albany. But if the offense continues to lean on the legs of Xander Karagosian and Logan Neal, then it may be able to lead Alexander to its second victory.

Here’s what you need to know heading into the game:

Game information and notes:

• Opponent: Vinton County Vikings (2-2, 2-2 TVC-Ohio)
  • Venue: Vinton County Stadium
  • Date and Time: Friday, Sept. 25 at 7 p.m.
  • The Vikings enter Friday’s game looking to bounce back after their 17-14 double overtime loss to Nelsonville-York last week.
  • Last season, Vinton County got the best of Alexander, as the Spartans fell 28-7.
  • Over the past eight years, this conference has been an even matchup, as the two teams both sit at a 4-4 record against each other since the 2012 season.

@TylerHJohnson7

tj932016@ohio.edu

Tyler Johnson

Sports