Dancing With the Stars announces season 29 cast; Marching 110 adapts to virtual setting

Today is Thursday, September 3, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Dancing With the Stars has announced an interesting selection of celebrities for the upcoming 29th season. But by far the most surprising choice was Carole Baskin, big cat enthusiast and star of Netflix’s Tiger King

Baskin rose to fame in the early days of the coronavirus quarantine as the enemy of rival big cat enthusiast Joe Exotic. Tiger King was one of the most shocking successes of 2020, rivaling even Stranger Things in popularity. Now, the producers at Dancing With the Stars are hoping to cash in on what’s left of the Tiger King buzz. 

Joining Baskin this season will be another Netflix star, Navarro College's head cheerleading coach Monica Aldama of Cheer. Additionally, Kaitlyn Bristowe of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, Chrishell Stause of Selling Sunset, former NFL player Vernon Davis, former NBA player Charles Oakley, rapper Nelly, TV personalities Jeannie Mai and Nev Schulman, actors Anne Heche, Skai Jackson, Justina Machado and Jesse Metcalfe, as well as Backstreet Boys’ Aj Mclean will all also be joining the cast for season 29. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Everything looks different this fall, here’s how the Marching 110 is handling the change. (The Post)

The dating culture is unhealthy, a more straight-forward approach should be the norm. (The Post)

Athens Area Chamber of Commerce is hosting its annual golf benefit at the Athens Country Club this weekend. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio Men’s basketball prepares for the future with strong recruiting. (The Post)

Athens Weather

If you’re venturing outside, bring an umbrella. A high of 81 degrees with a 70% chance of thunderstorms and showers. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Survivors of the 1921 Tulsa race massacre are filing a lawsuit against the city demanding repairs for the damage the attack caused. (Washington Post)

The German government confirmed the Russian opposition leader, Alexei Navalny, was poisoned with a Soviet-era nerve agent. The same poison was used in the assassination of a former Russian spy in 2018. (Associated Press)

President Trump allegedly told former White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders to “go to North Korea and take one for the team,” after Kim Jong-un winked at her during a 2018 summit. (The Guardian)

@Noahcampaign

nw422218@ohio.edu