Fall TV: What to expect

Correction appended.

Fall is coming, which means leaves change, kids go back to school, the sky gets darker earlier and TV networks bring back popular, as well as new, shows. However, that may look a little different this year.

The coronavirus pandemic has delayed TV production and forced producers to think outside the box. The Los Angeles Times reported live-action sitcoms and dramas we love will not air until at least November. Fall lineups on hit networks such as ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and The CW will initially be filled with reruns and reality shows produced in a quarantine setting. 

The CW announced they won’t be releasing new seasons until January. ABC is relying on unscripted shows to fill time slots. CBS is wrapping up season two of Love Island and season 22 of Big Brother. Then, it will roll into the season premieres of Undercover Boss and The Amazing Race. Aside from what’s being delayed, here are the TV shows to expect this fall:

Dancing with the Stars — Sept. 14

This star-studded classic reality show premiered season 29 on Sept. 14. The famous lineup includes Carole Baskin, Nelly, Nev Schulman, Vernon Davis, Charles Oakley and Skai Jackson, to name a few of the 15 dancers. Tyra Banks takes over as the new host, and Britt Stewart is the first black female pro dancer on the show. Everyone on the show will be quarantined and tested regularly. This star-studded cast is sure to make for a stellar season. 

The Bachelorette — Oct. 13

This season is already proving to be a wild one, and it hasn’t even premiered yet. Season 16 initially began starring Clare Crawley, until she allegedly quit the show around July or August. Now she has been replaced with a fan-favorite, Tayshia Adams. Thankfully, this only delayed the show's start a few weeks. Back in March, the show had to shut down filming due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Bachelorette was originally set to air May 18, but will now grace our screens Oct. 13. On the usual schedule, the show would have ended this past August, but instead began filming in July — pushing the schedule back even further. La Quinta Resort and Club in California will be the only location the entire season and act as the bubble for the cast. 

Bob’s Burgers — Sept. 27

Bob’s Burgers is a fan favorite that couldn’t pick a more perfect time to return. We could all use some comedic relief. Your favorite family will be flipping burgers and running into trouble Sept. 27. 

Fargo — Sept. 27

The FX hit will be coming back for a fourth season Sept. 27. It was originally delayed, with the initial airing planned for this spring. Fargo season four features Chris Rock playing a powerful crime boss, and the plot will focus on Black and Italian crime families at odds. 

The Walking Dead — Oct. 4

The airing of season 10 was interrupted by the pandemic, leaving fans on the edge of their seats for the season finale. The episode’s highly anticipated return will finally hit screens Oct. 4. Due to the delay, the producers decided to tack on six extra episodes to the season that will air early 2021.

Supernatural — Oct. 8

Fifteen seasons later, Supernatural is coming to an end. The airing of the final season was interrupted by the pandemic and will resume Oct. 8. The popular show will wrap up with seven final episodes before saying goodbye. 

One Day at a Time — Oct. 12

One Day at a Time is a Netflix original making its debut on the CBS TV Network on Oct. 12. The show focuses on family dynamics and finding your way in the world. 

This is Us — Nov. 10

Returning after a climactic season four finale, this drama will return Nov. 10. In the new season, This is Us will touch on the coronavirus pandemic and go in-depth on Jack Jr.'s (Blake Stadnik’s) life. 

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit — Nov. 12

Twenty-two seasons strong, Law & Order: SVU has proven to never age. This season will cover its usually heavy topics of domestic violence and sexual assault. In addition, they will be highlighting the Black Lives Matter movement. Look out for its debut Nov. 12. 

@juliana.colant

jc079419@ohio.edu

Correction appended: A previous verison of this article stated the incorrect TV network Fargo runs under.The article has been updated to reflect the most accurate information.