Universities begin to cancel spring break due to COVID-19; CPS and other campus organizations are spreading awareness for National Suicide Prevention Week

Today is Monday, Sept. 21, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Colleges and universities are cancelling spring break due to travel concerns amid the coronavirus pandemic. 

ABC reported that the University of Michigan is the most recent university to join other Big Ten schools, including Ohio State University, in cancelling spring break.

Some schools, such as Carnegie Mellon and Purdue, are adding additional “reading days” and “break days” throughout the spring semester to make up for the removal of spring break. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

This week is National Suicide Prevention Week. Read about what CPS and other organizations on campus are doing to spread awareness. (The Post)

Stan the fantastic cast by watching The Devil All The Time. (The Post)

High school football is in full swing. Read about how TVC standings have stacked up after this past Friday night lights. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Expect a high of 70 degrees with a few clouds. This is the perfect weather to sit outside and get some work done. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Amy Coney Barett front-runner to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Trump’s list of justice nominees. (ABC)

Parts of the Texas coast could see storm surges of up to 4 feet along with strong winds, heavy rainfall and life-threatening surf and rip-current conditions. (NBC)

Drew Barrymore launches her new talk show. (CNN)

@lexilepof

ll653118@ohio.edu