The Walking Dead will conclude in 2022; performing arts students navigate classes remotely

Today is Thursday, September 10, 2020. Here’s what you need to know: 

Good morning,  

AMC has announced that The Walking Dead, one of its most successful shows, will conclude with season 11 in 2022.  

The Walking Dead first aired in 2010 and was based on the comic series by Robert Kirkman. Since its airing, it has developed a devoted fan base, and numerous other spin-offs from the comics have also been released, including a popular choice-based video game series.  

The show has struggled a bit in 2020, with ratings lower than usual and post-production needing to be stopped due to COVID-19 complications. The current season, its tenth, is scheduled to conclude Oct. 4 after the final episode was delayed due to the coronavirus.  

The show’s conclusion is not the end of the series, however. The prequel show, Fear the Walking Dead, is still ongoing and has a sixth season scheduled to air in October. The Walking Dead: World Beyond is a new show also scheduled to air in October. Not only that, but a spin-off show featuring two characters (Daryl and Carol) has been announced by AMC and will air in 2023. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post: 

How are performing arts students handling their classes at home? (The Post

Check-in on the new city-wide composting system. (The Post

How is the pandemic affecting Athens High School football practice? (The Post

Athens Weather 

It’s a hot one today. The sun is expected to be out all day with no precipitation and there’s a high of 88 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know... 

President Trump admitted to knowing the deadly threat of COVID-19 as shown in Bob Woodward’s new book. (The Washington Post

A fire has done severe damage to Europe’s largest refugee camp. (The Guardian

The NFL returns as the Texans visit the Chiefs tonight. (The Los Angeles Times

@elifeaz   

ef195418@ohio.edu