Despite opting out of the playoffs, Alexander’s (1-5, 1-4 Tri-Valley Conference-Ohio) season will continue Friday when they take on Belpre in a nonconference game.
Alexander is coming off a 12-6 loss to Meigs where the defense played perhaps its best game of the season, forcing five total turnovers and playing smothering pass defense all game.
The troubles still lie within the offense for the Spartans, as they have to stop making unnecessary mistakes that end promising drives and halt all of their momentum.
Here’s what you need to know heading into the game:
Game information and notes:
- Opponent: Belpre Golden Eagles (2-4, 2-3 Tri-Valley Conference-Hocking)
- Venue: Alexander Spartan Stadium
- Date and Time: Friday, Oct. 9 at 7 p.m.
- The Golden Eagles enter the game on a two-game losing streak, most recently falling 42-7 against Waterford to end the regular season.
- It has been over a decade since Belpre and Alexander have faced each other, with the last contest taking place in 2009 when the two teams were still conference rivals. That game was a 35-28 win for Alexander.
- Due to a forfeit from Newcomerstown, the Golden Eagles have a bye before their playoff game against Fort Fyre and chose to use it by facing the Spartans.