With the hope of playoffs gone for the Spartans in the 2020 season, Alexander is still looking to end its season on a high note with a win over a longtime rival.
The Spartans (1-4, 1-3 Tri-Valley Conference-Ohio) return home for their final game of the season to take on Meigs.
This season has been one full of growing pains for Alexander, but if it could end 2020 by sending its six seniors off with a final home win over the rival Marauders, it would help alleviate the pain of missing out on postseason football.
The biggest goal for the Spartans in this game is to see who are the building blocks for the team next season, as many players, including Xander Karagosian, Jagger Cain, Logan Jenkins and more have shown flashes of being consistent producers for Alexander in the future.
Here’s everything you need to know heading into the game:
Game information and notes:
- Opponent: Meigs Marauders (2-3, 2-2 TVC-Ohio)
- Venue: Alexander Spartans Stadium
- Date and Time: Friday, Oct. 2 at 7 p.m.
- The Marauders enter this game on a three-game losing streak, most recently losing to Athens 32-14 last week.
- Meigs and Alexander ending their seasons against each other has become the norm, as this matchup has capped off both teams’ regular season schedules since 2010.
- The Marauders won the most recent matchup, coming away with a 30-7 win in 2019.
- The last time the Spartans came out as the victor against Meigs was in 2015, when they secured a 35-26 win.
- Not much is on the line this game besides pride, but the winner of this game will also finish fifth in the TVC-Ohio standings, directly above the loser.