Police Blotter: Tenant almost evicted; cow blocking the roadway

Eviction Notice 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call about a disagreement between a man and his landlord. The man stated his landlord was confronting him about guests staying with him and threatened to evict the tenant. Though there was nothing criminal nor a criminal charge, the tenant wanted the information documented.  

Cow Pass

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call about a cow on the roadway on Baker Road. 

Deputies located the owner of the cattle and brought the cattle back to the owner’s pasture. The owner noticed a gate was damaged, which appeared to have been struck by a vehicle. The gate was secured and the deputies returned to patrol. 

Sleep Drifter 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call about a man passed out in a car at GoMart. When awakened, the man said he was just sleeping. Deputies left the scene. 

What’re your digits?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call from a woman about a scam call. 

The woman said she was tricked into giving her social security number to the unknown caller but doesn’t know if a theft has occurred yet. She just wanted the information to be documented in case something happens. 

Drunk on the race tracks 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call from Fast Traxx, in Nelsonville, in regards to a disorderly man. 

The man, who was visibly intoxicated, was harassing other guests at the track. Deputies arrested the man and transported him to Southeast Ohio Regional Jail. 

@ritchey_grant 

gr619615@ohio.edu