Photo provided via @harrystyles on Instagram.

Tunes with Tate: My family rates Harry Styles' discography

As I'm sure is the case with many others, I don’t know if I would’ve survived quarantine without Spotify Premium. For me, there was never a better time to finally listen to all the music my friends had been suggesting for months. However, old habits die hard, so there were a multitude of days where my favorites were blasting through a speaker. 

I will admit that while I never get tired of listening to Taylor Swift, I understand why it would be annoying for my family to endure. So, I swapped Lover for Fine Line by Harry Styles. Little did I know that that would be the reason for the album becoming a staple in my house.

For the most part, my mom likes what I listen to, but there’s always a little shred of doubt. All of that vanished when she started humming along to “Adore You” playing on the radio. 

My brother and dad on the other hand are a totally different story. They both dislike a majority of pop music, so I did not anticipate any sort of positive reaction at all. With that being said, you can imagine my pure confusion when “Sunflower Vol. 6” was at full volume in the garage while my dad was washing his car. 

At that point, I felt on top of the world for having unintentionally gotten both of my parents on the Harry Styles bandwagon. It didn’t take much longer for us to hear his music coming from the bathroom, my brother singing along in the shower. 

“My work here is done, I can happily go to college now knowing Harry will be playing in the house even when I’m not in it,” I told them before finding out that I wasn’t going to be on campus for the fall semester. 

I asked “The Fam” to write a review including their thoughts and a rating out of ten. Here’s what they said:

Mom: “What I like the most about him is that his music reminds me of what I listened to as a kid. It’s very reminiscent of the overall vibe of the 70s and the records my dad would play all the time. There’s also just the happy feeling you get when you listen to him. 10 out of 10.”

Dad: “His lyrics are very snappy. Compared to other modern-day pop stars, he’s pretty good. Solid 8.5 out of 10.”

Brother: “The instrumentals are really good. He has a good vibe. My favorite is ‘Lights Up’. 8 out of 10.”

Tate Raub is a freshman studying strategic communication at Ohio University. Please note that the views and opinions of the columnists do not reflect those of The Post. Want to talk to Tate? Tweet her @tatertot1310.

Tate Raub

Opinion Editor