Baker Center on Ohio University's campus is home to many important offices such as the Multicultural Center, student senate offices and much more that all freshman should get to know.

Student Senate: Dr. Gillian Ice will be at the general body meeting next Wednesday

Ohio University’s Student Senate President Ian Carter announced at Wednesday’s general body meeting that Dr. Gillian Ice will be at next week’s student senate general body meeting to answer questions from the body and students. 

If anyone has questions for Ice, who is special assistant to the president for public health operations, they can email Student Senate by Monday.

Carter also stressed the importance of being the bridge between students and administrators. 

“We’re just trying to make the best of the situation,” Carter said. 

Senate also passed a resolution to appoint Emily Ertle as the Director of Public Relations.

“I want to market student senate more broadly, network around the campus and partner with organizations around campus,” Ertle said.

Ertle is planning on updating Student Senate social media accounts like Twitter at least two times a week. 

Vice President of Student Affairs Jason Pina said his final goodbyes to Student Senate, since Pina has two days left of being employed at the university. 

“Ohio is going through a very difficult time,” Pina said. “I always love this part of my job and have been honored to see you stand up for students.” 

@ritchey_grant 

gr619615@ohio.edu