describe pic here

Cover Illustration by Mary Berger | Art Director

Beyond the Bubble

Every year, The Post chooses special topics and issues to feature as special projects, landing pages and print tabloids. While these special issues have sort of ranged in topics, a staple for The Post over the past couple years has been the “Beyond the Bubble” issue.

Spanning outside of downtown Athens, the Beyond the Bubble issue has notoriously been The Post’s way to show off Southeast Ohio and Appalachia. While we’re continuing to do that this year, we’ve also expanded our coverage for 2020’s issue. With many reporters working remotely from their hometowns due to COVID-19, we decided this issue was a great way for Post reporters, photographers and more to not only cover Southeast Ohio, but also entities in their own hometowns.

Click here to read the full story From the Editor’s Desk.

Want to learn more about us? Check us out at thepostathens.com, email us at editor@thepostathens.com or follow our social media below!

Lancaster Drive-in

describe

Emerging Bands to Know

describe

Malls are Dying

describe

The Glory of Geode

In a golden-hour-lit dome, students follow Geode Yoga + Fitness instructor Marci Hedderson-Caroll in a flow during a hot power yoga session inside its dome in Chillicothe, Ohio, on Monday, Oct. 5, 2020.

The Intrigue of Mothman

Mothman Museum in Point Pleasant, West Virginia

Best Hiking Spots in Ohio

Fall hiking in Ohio

Suicide in Southeast Ohio

describe

Keeping Literary Arts Alive, Virtually

The Thurber House in Columbus, Ohio.

Outdoor Attractions

Stacey Scott assists his son, Micah, with carrying his brand-new kayak from his birthday into thd banks of Lake Hope in McArthur, Ohio, on Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2020.

5 Underrated Places in Cleveland

Illustration by Olivia Juenger

Serving As A Scapegoat

describe

Rural Health Care COVID-19

describe

Local Provisions

A mammoth-sized mural of a ram, an icon of Rocky Brands faces the sunlight on the exterior of Rocky Outdoor Gear Store, directly next to Rocky Brands, Inc. headquarters in Nelsonville, Ohio, on Tuesday, Oct. 6, 2020.

Reclaiming His Roots

Ten-time Emmy winning filmmaker, Evan Shaw, poses for a portrait in his backyard in Athens, Ohio, with his signature camouflage hat and one of his Emmys.

Toledo Farmer’s Market Thriving

describe

Look Out for These Results

Headshot of Mikayla Rochelle | Asst. Opinion Editor

10 Pittsburgh Inspired Songs

describe

5 Akron Restaurants Like Athens

describe

People and Their Trees

Pat Hill, 66, Norah Jane Hill, 9 months, and Becky Hill, 69, of Loveland, Ohio, with their Oak Trees on Wednesday, Sept. 23, 2020.

Distanced Drive-Ins

The Starlite drive-in screens 'Hocus Pocus' and the live action 'The Addams Family' on Sunday, October 4, 2020. The drive-in of Amelia, OH celebrates its 73rd anniversary this year.

Activists in Appalachia

Activist Andrea Reany admires her sign-filled front yard at her home in Millfield, Ohio, on the morning of Wednesday, Oct. 7, 2020.

A Tornado Ten Years Ago

The John F. Kroner, MD, Locker Room and Jason Reed Strength and Conditioning Center at the east end of the Athens High School stadium in The Plains, Ohio.

From the Editor’s Desk

Headshot of Molly Schramm | Editor-in-Chief

COVID-19 at Colleges

Cutler Hall

The Art of Activism

The Peaslee Community Center in Pendleton, Cincinnati, OH is home of multiple arts and community projects, including this mural.

For Your Vegan Fix

describe