Blotter: Theft at two Ronald McDonald Houses; child calls 911

The Hamburglar  

The Athens Police Department took a report from a man of two separate thefts that occurred at two Ronald McDonald Houses. The charges accumulate to $89. 

Child’s Play 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 call in Coolville. When deputies arrived, the 911 call was traced to a child playing on the phone. 

Sixth Sense 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to State Route 144, in regards to a disorderly woman who was hearing and seeing things. Deputies transported the woman to O'bleness Hospital for an evaluation. 

Stay Out of the Basement 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a disorderly man in Nelsonville. When Deputies arrived, the caller told them that the man, who lives in her basement, was drunk and tearing the place up.

Deputies told the caller if she wished for the man to be removed, she would need to go through a proper eviction process through the court. The man was advised to go to sleep for the evening. 

Wide Awake

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Glouster after a caller reported that his girlfriend needed to go to the hospital because she’s been awake on drugs for several days. 

The woman didn’t appear to be in any distress and she advised deputies and Athens County Emergency Medical service that she was not in need of any assistance. 

@ritchey_grant 

gr619615@ohio.edu