Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine has high success rate; see what dining at OU will look like in the spring

Today is Thursday, November 19, 2020. Here’s what you need to know: 

Good morning,  

There is now more good news regarding a COVID-19 vaccine. 

On Monday, Moderna Inc. reported that its experimental vaccine had a 94.5% success rate in preventing disease in a clinical trial. Last week, Pfizer and BioNTech also reported a vaccine in the 90% success range. 

The only side effects of the vaccine seemed to be pain at the injection site, fatigue and aching in muscles and joints. According to the analysis, none of the safety concerns with significant.  

There is still time remaining before a vaccine is distributed to the masses, although Moderna has stated that it expects to be able to ship around 20 million doses in the U.S. by the end of the year with even more to come in 2021. Both Moderna and Pfizer still need to gather safety data for approval from the Food and Drug Administration. 

News from The Post: 

What will dining at OU look like next semester? (The Post

What is Ohio football’s future after the COVID outbreak on the team? (The Post

See the impact of this year’s Athens County Survivors of Suicide Loss Day Event. (The Post

Athens Weather:  

Today will be sunny with no precipitation. We’ll see mild temperatures throughout the day with a high of 61 degrees and some wind. Tonight, it will be cooler with a low of 41 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab

You might also want to know... 

President Trump’s campaign wants a partial recount in Wisconsin. (CNN

Robinson Cano of the New York Mets was suspended for a year for performance-enhancing drugs. (ESPN

The Boeing 737 MAX has been cleared to fly again. (NBC News

@elifeaz  

ef195418@ohio.edu