Tim Curry reprises his role in virtual ‘Rocky Horror’ reading; here’s how Purple Chopstix is doing during COVID-19

Today is Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Tim Curry reprised his role as Frank-N-Furter from the 1975 cult classic, The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The musical livestream on Halloween raised funds for the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, and featured other special guests like Nell Campbell and Barry Bostwick, along with Colleen Ballinger, Wilmer Valderrama, Rosario Dawson, Lance Bass, Seth Green and Jason Alexander. 

Curry has been very particular about his public appearances since suffering a stroke in 2012. With dialogue help from his cast members if he needed it, Curry nailed the performance. 

Rocky Horror has been changing lives for decades, and now, with this reunion on Halloween Night to supercharge Wisconsin Democrats in the final stretch, it’s going to change the world again,” Ben Wikler, Democratic Party of Wisconsin chair said in a statement.

The performance was epic. Seeing Curry, Campbell and Bostwick all back together for a Rocky Horror reprise was one for the books.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Alden is hosting an Authors @ Alden event, a series that features several authors discussing their experiences and their work. (The Post)

Check out this Q&A with the co-owner of The Purple Chopstix. (The Post)

Here’s a preview of the Bobcats’ shortened football season. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today is sunny with no precipitation. The high is 58 degrees and the low is 35 degrees with winds between 5-10 miles per hour, so make sure to grab your coats before heading outside. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A whale tail structure saved a runaway metro train in the Netherlands. (FOX News)

Apple is replacing crackling AirPods Pro earbuds for free. (Business Insider)

Johnny Depp lost his court case against a newspaper that called him a “wife-beater.” (The New York Times)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu