Police Blotter: Man steals snacks from car; catalytic converters continue to be stolen

Catalytic Cutters Strikes Again 

The Athens Police Department located two males in reference to cutting catalytic converters off of a vehicle. Two men were arrested and charged with breaking and entering, felony theft and felony possessing criminal tools.

Cut the line

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a 911 hang up call with static on the line on Salem Road. When deputies arrived, the homeowner was having phone issues. Deputies returned to patrol. 

Snack Time

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Hocking Hills Drive in The Plains area in reference to a man being inside an employee’s vehicle.

The suspect ate the vehicle owners’ snacks from inside the car and also stole gift cards. The victim came to the scene and identified the man as the suspect. The subject was charged with theft and released with a summons. 

Smoking What? 

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to The Plains where the caller advised they located a cigarette pack and believed it had narcotics inside of it. The item was collected and logged for destruction. 

Chainsaw Massacre

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office took a report of theft of chainsaws. Deputies spoke with the complainant and suspect, who both advised there was an agreement to allow the use of the chainsaws, in which both parties agreed to meet and return them to the owner.  

@ritchey_grant 

gr619615@ohio.edu