Cutler Hall on Ohio University's campus in Athens, Ohio.

Ohio governor makes new appointment to OU Board of Trustees

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine appointed Ohio University alumnus Scott Borgemenke to the Board of Trustees on Tuesday to fill a term vacancy.

Borgemenke, of Dublin, will begin his term Jan. 1, 2021, and serve on the board until May 13, 2027. He replaces former Trustee Eileen Sheil, who resigned earlier this year.

Borgemenke graduated cum laude from OU with a degree in economics and is currently senior vice president of advocacy at the Ohio Hospital Association, or OHA. He leads the government and public affairs team, serves as a member of the senior management team and works with membership, allied organizations and partners there, according to a university press release. 

Before joining OHA, Borgemenke was chief policy adviser for former Ohio Gov. Bob Taft and chief of staff for the Ohio House of Representatives and the Ohio Senate. He also has prior university-related work, including time at the University of Akron as chief financial officer. 

“I’m excited to welcome Scott Borgemenke to the Ohio University Board of Trustees,” Board Chair Janelle Coleman said in a press release. “Scott’s extensive experience in and around state government, as well as in higher education, will be very helpful as he takes on this role, and we appreciate his willingness to serve his alma mater in this way.”

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu