Cutler Hall on Ohio University's campus in Athens, Ohio.

OU announces first vice president for enrollment management

Ohio University President Duane Nellis announced Monday that Candace Boeninger will be the university’s first vice president for enrollment management, effective immediately.

Boeninger was most recently OU’s interim vice provost for strategic enrollment management and has more than 18 years of experience in enrollment and admissions leadership, according to a university news release. Before her interim position, Boeninger was associate vice provost for strategic enrollment management and director of undergraduate admissions in January 2017. She led OU’s undergraduate admissions office beginning in 2010.

She holds a bachelor’s degree in English and Spanish from Samford University and a master’s degree in English from the University of Tennessee. 

“During this past year, Candace has demonstrated her ability to lead through crisis, to innovate even in the most difficult of circumstances, and to identify and call out with transparency both challenges and opportunities,” Nellis said in the news release. “As we have more challenges ahead, I am confident Candace will continue to bring a spirit of innovation and opportunity to our enrollment management strategies.”

Boeninger was chosen for the position following a national search led by a committee of 19 individuals. She will report directly to Nellis “with a dotted line” to Executive Vice President and Provost Elizabeth Sayrs, according to the news release. 

“I am honored and humbled to assume this important role at OHIO,” Boeninger said in the news release. “I look forward to leading the talented team in the enrollment management division and to working with the entire University community to establish a fresh vision for enrollment strategy, one that meaningfully aligns our goals, synchronizes our efforts, and builds sustainable, diverse enrollment pipelines that help OHIO deliver on our mission.”

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu