Police Blotter: Man reports emergency with ozone layer; suspicious vehicle videotaping residence

Keep Your Eyes Peeled

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle at a residence near Shade. The caller stated that the vehicle was videotaping the residence.

Deputies patrolled the area but did not locate the vehicle.

Ozone Crisis

The Athens County Sheriff’s office responded to Bessemer Road in Nelsonville after receiving several 911 calls from the residence. The caller was trying to report a “major emergency” with the planet’s ozone layer.

When deputies arrived the male was found outside his residence and taken to the hospital for an evaluation. 

Doggone Dog

An escaped dog was found in the road by deputies while they were on patrol.

A deputy was trying to catch the dog when the owner arrived and took possession of the dog.

Don’t Lend Out Your Car

The Athens County Sheriff’s office responded to a report at Garfield Street in New Marshfield for a report of an unreturned car. 

The caller said that he had lent his car to a friend for a few hours the previous day but the friend has yet to return it.

This case is currently under investigation.

Stranded in the Fog

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a suspicious persons report on Poston Road in The Plains. The caller stated that a man knocked on her door requesting help but she was uncomfortable with opening the door at such a late hour.

The man waved down the deputies while they were on the way. He said that the weather became much worse than he expected while he was on his way to a friend’s house in The Plains. 

Given the fog, cold temperature and the man’s damp clothing, deputies gave him a ride to his destination.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu