Police Blotter: Man shoots at tree; woman dies from troubled breathing

Ghostly Trespassers

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to Canaanville Road after suspicious persons were reportedly wandering around a residence. 

There were no people to be found when they arrived, even after patrolling the area. 

Be Nice to Your Wife

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call in reference to a dispute on Elliotsville Road. 

Upon arrival, the caller said that her husband was no longer taking his medication and was being mean to her. After speaking to the husband, he agreed to take his medication and be kinder to his wife.

Trouble Breathing

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a female experiencing difficulty breathing on Featherstone Road in Stewart, Ohio, arriving after EMS. 

The female was found to be dead and was declared to have died of natural causes. The body was taken away by funeral home personnel, and deputies returned to patrol.

Trespassing Trees

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a man shooting toward the road on Canaanville Road. 

Once in contact, officers saw the man with a shotgun. He informed officers there were people hiding in the tree in his front lawn and he had fired shots into the tree. However, officers did not see any such people. The man was taken into custody and transported to OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital for evaluation.

Hold on to Your Keys

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a call regarding a dispute in The Plains on James Lane. 

The complainant, a woman, said she was in a dispute with her ex-boyfriend who took her car keys and refused to let her leave the house. It was determined that her vehicle was not at the residence, but in a nearby location. 

The woman asked for the car to be towed from the location where it was found.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu